Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Weekend FUN!

What a great Easter weekend we shared; the 4 day weekend is just what we all needed!  It was a great time to slow down, enjoy each other, and hang out doing FUN things centering our weekend on the good news of our LORD and Savior!  
Friday was spent with the kiddos running errands with Dad and dyeing Easter eggs; I can't believe I've waited this long to do this with the kids.  We always dyed Easter eggs growing up and it was so great making those memories with Abbey and Cole... they just loved the whole experience!  
Saturday we did some simple crafts and after their naps I sent them on a bunny scavenger hunt; this too was one of my favorite childhood memories.  So, essentially, our Easter bunny came a day early but Abbey and Cole didn't seem to mind.  The bunny left a list of clues as to where the bunny treats were hiding and off they went with their baskets in search of the goodies.  It was SO cute watching them do this with their floppy bunny ear hats we made!  Saturday night just Chad, Abbey, and I had a special time together making "Empty Tomb" cookies that correlated with scripture about our Lord's death and ressurection (SO awesome...thanks Tracey for sending me this idea)! 
Sunday morning we went to the oven to find that our cookies were an empty tomb... He has risen!!!  We were off to church in our Sunday best (of course Chad gets a kick out of the "coordinating" outfits :) ).  After church we came home to quickly change and grab my fruit salad before heading out to Aunt Carolyn's house in Friendswood.  We enjoyed the rest of the day, which ended up being beautiful, spending time with my Mom's side of the family and letting the little ones have an Easter hunt.  Abbey was off school Monday too so it was just a great bonus day to hang out and let the kids play together, and they are playing together so nicely now, YAY!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Your family looked so cute in their coordinating outfits. I love the red! Sounds like ya'll had a fun and family-filled Easter. I love the cookie idea. What a brilliant way to teach the kids about why we celebrate Easter. I'm gonna need that recipe. Hope everyone is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

You know I noticed the adorable/beautiful coordinating Easter clothes! Ash, I loved your matching bracelet that coordinated with Abbey's flower dress! And -- so glad you enjoyed making those cookies. My assistant at preschool gave me that idea, and my kids were too young this year. But - I love the idea and plan on doing it either next year or the following!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLE!!!