Thursday, February 12, 2009

February Buzz

This last weekend we went to my second cousins wedding, Sarah and Robert; my little camera was having some issues that night so a lot of my pics didn't turn out, here are the few that did.  It was a beautiful wedding and a fun reception too!
My only picture of the bride and groom; I never could get a good picture
Mom and Dad
My cousin, Robert, who's living with my parents right now came; he's hilarious 
and kept us in stitches all night!
This last weekend a group of us girls got together for Bridget's surprise
b-day party; Bridget's the one I went on the cruise with (bottom left).  We had 
such a great time celebrating with her!!!
A trip to the Houston zoo with Abbey's friend Gabby!  They even got to see the new baby giraffe!  We had great weather the whole day and capped off the day with the little train ride in Hermann park.  It brought back lots of memories; I had MANY a field trips to the zoo and Hermann Park growing up!
My kids got a big kick out of this big monkey, 
probably b/c they act like monkeys most of the time themselves :)
Abbey had her first go at selling Girl Scout cookies; she sold 50 boxes, way to go!!!
Who wouldn't buy cookies from that cute face?!!
Well, I'm not off to a very good year with blogging; we've been hit multiple times already in the new year with all kinds of sickness... oh the joys of flu season!!  After Cole healed up from his little foot injury (which was only a small sprain, WHEW), both Abbey and Cole got the stomach bug and Abbey followed the fun ordeal with an upper respiratory infection.  This last week Cole hasn't felt well and after taking him to the Dr. yesterday, low and behold, he has the flu... this is after having a flu shot.  He has "strain B" which wasn't covered in vaccinations this year, isn't that a fun little bonus?!  Thankfully our little guy is already feeling much better; we think he's on the tail-end of this now.  In between sickness, we have been able to have a little fun too; the pictures show some of the more enjoyable things we've been up to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, it seems like every time we talk, one of the Bakers or Shepherds is sick! What is the deal???!! Love all the new updates. I'd have bought a box of cookies from that cute girlscout!

Kelly said...

I am so ready for this time of year to be over and all of the sickness to be gone. Seems like it's everywhere. Fun pics at the zoo!

Andrea said...

I love all of the pictures from the zoo! I am so glad I got to see what a fun time they had! Thank you sooo much for bringing Gabby!!! She really had a great time!