YAY for Neon bowling!!!
I couldn't get the lighting right for this pic but Abbey and Cole are behind the pins :)
Snuggles with Dad and Cole way into the popcorn!
The Berenstain Bears movie; you can't beat classics!
Did you read their books as kids too?
Boys won't stop eating for anything, especially kisses!!
We had SO much fun in our new tradition that replaced trick-or-treating on Halloween; Abbey said she wants to do this every weekend now!!! We had a great meal at P.F. Changs and the kiddos loved trying out their chop-stick skills, then we headed home for neon bowling (explain in a sec), and watched their movie pick, "The Berenstein Bears" with popcorn, treats, and lots of snuggle time!
The neon part of the bowling wasn't planned but we had all those glow sticks that you make into jewelry and so we hung them around the pins, made a lane, and off with the lights! The kids thought that was the coolest thing ever... and the parents had a blast too! :) The bowling pictures are fuzzy but you get the general idea. Cole was all grins with his first try at popcorn and Abbey loved the hidden treats inside each bowl; it was hard to get Cole to look up at the camera b/c he was SO into that popcorn!!
I know I have received a comment from someone who's "feathers were ruffled" at my last blog. I cannot apologize for my families stance on Halloween but only say again that God revealed so much about it to me this year and that it has no benefit for my family; what Halloween stands for completely goes against the Christian faith and we're choosing to stand on the higher ground we believe the Lord is calling us to on this issue. If you have any other questions, rather than anonymous comments, please leave your contact info. and I'd be happy to explain further if you want to know our beliefs.
Crosswalk.com. Check it out: http://www.crosswalk.com/spirituallife/11583988/
4 comments:
how fun is this?! You are so creative, i might have to copy. And you are the prettiest mom!
I love seeing a family spend special time together starting a new tradition. You just proved that it isn't necessarily about participating in Halloween to have special moments with your family. Good for you!!! Bowling sounds like such fun...I'm wondering if I should wait with Alex.
Wow, I am very impressed with your stand for God and your conviction to uphold His holiness. Keep being BOLD, this world is not for our glory but for HIS! Your thoughts and scriptures really made my husband and I think. We are old friends of Chad from ACU Landon and Stephanie. (I met you 6 years ago at Homecoming...you may not remember.)
The neon bowling pictures are awesome! I thought you had gone to an official alley or something ... so cool that it was at your own place. You could enlarge those and frame them. Great traditions, too. I'm stunned that the store managers actually changed their displays - good for you!
Post a Comment