Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September in Full Swing

Again, THANKS to all of you who have asked about and prayed for my Dad! He's doing great and feeling like a new person already! As for the rest of us, we've just been mov'in and grov'in in our new routines and schedules. I love getting up so early with Abbey in elementary now, but I will say when 4pm rolls around, I'm pooped! I had been completely off coffee and only drinking green tea...until now. Now I feel like "the bride of Frankenstien" every morning, zombie eyed and walking straight to the coffee pot!
Abbey actually had to miss the last 2 days of school due to fever and sore throat; yipee, it's that wonderful month of September when all the yucky viruses emerge! Her doctor said their already doing flu shots; can you believe that?! After last year's breakout everyone's preparing early and getting a huge supply of the vaccine ready. Cole has been adjusting to preschool O.K., I won't say great because drop off is still a 15 minute period of hysterics. He'll be great, happy, and talking about how ready he is to play and go to school until I open his classroom door. Then he puts on the death grip around my neck and starts pulling his backpack back out of his cubby. This has been very hard on me because he still feels like a baby to me. Everyone has assured me though that once all the kiddos line up for chapel, his tune changes and he's fine for the rest of the day; it sure does make for a stressfull morning though! I've just been telling him every time I come pick him up, "See, Mommy always comes back." I'm praying he'll start remembering that at drop off soon, I know it will just take time.
I've posted some pics of us at the park; we've had some gorgeous weather here and little hints of Fall, especially in the mornings. As for upcoming weather, it may get nasty...Ike's on the move! Ike or no Ike, I'm decorating for Fall today...goodbye to summer!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Ashley, i totally understand and i am on the verge of mommy melt-down. Whenever we go to MOPS or church Grace screams and basically crawls up my body in hysterics...HATE it! Anyways, I am about to enroll her in mothers day out 1 day a week so I can work and I am so emotional about it. I know that sounds silly, but she is my baby and I hate dropping her for so long and she gets SO upset when I leave. Ahhh! I know I can get through this....our poor sad little babies!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, can I come see your house and smell the fall-scented candles you are sure to have sitting around?

Poor little Cole! Even though, I haven't experienced that as a parent, I experienced it last year as a teacher. Trust those teachers when they say that the kids calm down quickly. They really do!! It just takes a few moments for everyone to settle down. Pretty soon, he'll walk in like an old pro!

Anonymous said...

Trey did that last year (the screaming and clinging) when I left. Since he didn't do it when he was a baby I thought we were in the clear. However, they said he always snapped out of it once I was out the door. Now, he marches right in and doesn't look back. I cheated and decorated for fall a couple weeks ago...you can't beat pumpkin scented candles.