Sunday, June 08, 2008

Monumental Moments!

And she's still wrapped around his little pinky! Taking pictures outside The Wortham Theatre where Abbey's recital was held Thanks Aunt Courtney for coming all the way down for Abbey's special day!!
Saddly this is the only picture I have of David getting his diploma...
Chad and I were trying to keep a 2 yr. old in his seat!
If you squint maybe you can make him out! :)
He's official now!
Well, it's official...two big milestones are behind us now, Abbey's ballet recital and David's High School graduation!! Whoo HOO!!! If you'll remember from a previous post, both events were in the same day! At the end of days like that you really wonder if it's the same day as when you woke up that morning because of all the places you physically were in about a 12 hour period!
We are so proud of Abbey for finishing this year of recital and bearing through the last 2 months of not really being interested in ballet anymore. She did a great job and was just adorable but in her own words, "I'm ready for basketball now"!! So Mom here has to let go of the idea of not seeing any too too's for a while but honestly I'm just thrilled that she wants to try different things and with her height going for her, she'll probably have a blast at this new adventure (not to mention that Chad's going to have a blast too)!! You'll notice there are no pictures of her in her costume...that's because I volunteered to be a stage Mom for the 14 girls in her class! This should have been a job that came with a salary and a bottle of valum!! It was insane trying to get 14 four and five year old girls all dressed in costumes, do their hair, makeup, and needing another ten arms to accommodate all the "I need to go to the bathroom, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm bored, is it over yet, I want my mommy" and keeping them quiet per intructions given!! But then they went out there all in their little brightly colored flowered too too's and were laughably adorable and then YES...it was all worth the sweat! So, costume pictures will have to come later via a grandmother!
Speaking of proud, we could not be any prouder for my little brother, David, on completing his senior year victoriously! It's really hard to believe the time has come for my baby brother to head off to college; this makes me officially old! It was so strange to see him cross that stage remembering that moment for me seemingly not that long ago and here I stand ready to go to my 10 year reunion in a few weeks! David's already working hard this summer earning an intership with the engineering firm my Dad works for and I mean it's a real job (like 6:30-4:30 Monday- Friday)! A little diff. from my Pappasittos summer waitressing jobs!! Way to go DAVID; we know the Lord has great plans for you, LOVE YA!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of milestones! So glad you all are doing well. We are also trying to keep busy this summer. If I don't have something planned for the day I can easily go crazy. You all take care.