Tuesday, May 13, 2008

April & May Tidbits!

Abbey & Cole displaying thier creative hats!
O.K., I'm posting this pic to give my girlfriends kudos...after asking, this was their take on "Texas Chic" attire and I have to say they were right on; Chad thanks you to0, ha,ha!!
Fly'in in style aboard the private jet!
Here we are at Becker Vineyards with one of our FAVORITE chefs, Tom Perini!
WAY TO GO Aunt Courtney!!! ACU Graduation 2008
It was so fun running into my sweet friend Tracey & her family graduation weekend! OOPS! I guess I skipped right over April! Bad, bad blogger I am!! I guess we've been a little busy; I'll tell you, Spring is proving to be just as hectic as the holidays are...hmmm, or could it be our season in life! Well here goes a few quick updates and then I'll let the pictures do the talking! In betweeen Abbey and I both getting strep again and Cole having some strange fever virus (which might have been hand-mouth disease, yah, don't even ask), we have had some FUN trips and events scattered through April and May. One of the events in the pictures was a corporate client event we were invited to that was just crazy fun: in a nut shell, we boarded a private jet, flew to Fredricksburg, tasted wine and toured Becker vineyards, were hosted my Dr. Becker and his wife, ate a 5 course meal prepared by the legendary chef Tom Perini (some of you Abilene folks may recognize the Perini), listened to Tom share stories about cooking for President George W. Bush and Putin, watched the sun set over lavendar fields, and then flew home on the jet and were back by midnight! Yes, did I mention this was insane!! I felt just a little bit out of my element as other women dripping in diamonds shared stories about thier own private ranches and VINEYARDS (craziness) BUT it was an adventure and a fabulous date night with my sweetie!! You will also see pics of my sister-in-law Courtney who just graduated with her Masters this last weekend at ACU; WAY TO GO Aunt C!!! After graduation we drove to Ft. Worth to spend time with Chad's precious grandparents and other family and then had a great Mother's Day lunch on Sunday at Uncle Carl & Aunt Bev's house. One of the highlights of the weekend for both Chad and I was worshipping at Richland Hills Church of Christ on Sunday morning; what an awesome, God-filled and growing church. I don't know if it was the singing, the preaching, or just being Mother's Day but I had to grab the kleenex about 3 times (and NO I'm NOT pregnant)!! It was one of those days where I just walked away feeling so, so graced and reminded that God choses ME and He pursues ME all the time even in my imperfectness; what GOOD news!! O.K. so I tried to be brief...how am I doing?!! I'll close with a quote that I heard this Sunday by preacher Rick Atchley, "Don't pursue happiness; happiness is the gift that follows you when you pursue God." How true!! Photobucket

4 comments:

Giggi said...

It was so great to see ya'll last weekend. Thanks so much for your prayers, encouragement, and your sweet comments & verse on my blog! I'll add it to my list to pray! Love ya'll!

Cindy said...

Wow you look awesome and I am jealous you got to fly on a private jet. I only got to look inside one. Happy Birthday Cole!

Miss seeing you all. Maybe we can get together this summer before school and the real chaos begins.

Anonymous said...

You look very Texas Chic! I love the outfit... so stylish!! And - you look beautiful in it, as you always do.

What a sweet surprise to see you in Abilene! You would think with as often as we talk that we would have known to look for each other!! Crazy month of May!! Loved seeing you, even though it was only a matter of minutes.

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY COLE! BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A PRESENT FROM AUNTIE TRACEY NEXT WEEK!

Andrea said...

You looked so cute in your Texas Chic!!! I am glad to hear that the sickness is behind you. Let's get the kids together sometime soon!