Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Better Days!

Come inside the fort we made!! Now that's the smile we want to see!! :)
Abbey & cousin Cody playing at G.G.'s b-day party
where they got...
..a gazillion mosquito bites!
The Girls: Aunt Nancy, Aunt Liz, Aunt Carolyn, Mom, and Aunt Ellen
The birthday girl, Granny turns 74!!!
AWWWW!
Darryl, Bridget, and us, Go Texans!
These have been better days compared to the flood of stomach bug ickiness that went through our family most recently!! It's a good thing when your husband is back at work (because he's able to work), Abbey is ready to go, go, go and Cole is his happy and content self again!! Bless Cole's heart, when your sick you DO feel like whining but I thought I might have to make a trip to the coo coo house if I had to hear another week of whining and ALL DAY fussiness!!! God is amazing to have spared me from this bug while literally having my hands in it, THANK YOU Father!!! While Cole recouped over the weekend (and Daddy was sweet enough to babysit), Abbey and I were able to celebrate two awesome birthdays this Saturday. What a blessing to celebrate with precious friends, the Whaley's, on their daughter Megan's 1st birthday! You can't beat the entertainment of watching a one year old experience their first piece of cake, priceless!! Abbey and I then headed to another party on the other end of the spectrum, my Granny's 74th birthday party and celebrated with ALL our family in town, such fun!! I've posted some pics of Granny's party, love you G.G.!!! Along with the fun party came an unexpected barage of mosquito bites in Aunt Nancy's back yard; Abbey and her cousins came in with Oh, about 30 BITES!!! There's a gross pic of that too! :) Chad and I were even able to get away for a couples date at the Texans Game with good friends Darryl and Bridget. Chad has been abundantly blessed in his business to work with someone like Darryl and we've been more blessed by their amazing faith and friendship. It was a great game even though the Texans lost, and it was still a lot of fun cheering them on in hopes that they might win!! I always enjoy the whole football game experience, everything that is, except the cheerleaders; give me a break, they might as well show up in thier bra and panties!!! O.K., I'm off my soapbox now!! It's just been one of those days where I keep thanking God for the refreshment of a new day; aren't His mercies new EVERY morning! The weather's nice, we were able to go to LBS, we were ON TIME (truly a miracle), Cole's got a happy demeanor, Abbey has had zero attitude, we're all well, and most importantly, we've been blessed with another day! One of my new favorite songs is "Another Day" by Natalie Grant, take a listen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RV09uJc90U

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!! You have a young granny. My grandfather turned 85 today! We went over to celebrate his bday tonight. Cute pics of your healthy kiddoes! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashley for those sweet memories(even though you weren't feeling good when you were in the throes of sickness). I'm glad Cole is better and I'm praying he'll stay well through the fall and winter months ahead. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

It has been awhile since I have checked your blog. We are just about to end a round of colds, it is no fun having sick kids! Looks like you all are having fun, as always, you have an adorable family.